Counselling, Psychotherapy & Specialist Services
Covid level 1 : Most of the team
have transitioned back to
face-to-face services while still providing online sessions where
preferred - please check with individual therapists. We welcome your enquiries.
Auckland Therapy is an experienced team of registered professional psychotherapists offering a wide range of counselling and
psychotherapy services. We have the expertise and experience to work with
psychological and emotional issues ranging from everyday worries to complex mental health concerns.
We work with individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents.
General services for anxiety, depression, trauma, sexual abuse,
anger, relationship issues, cultural adjustment, grief, loss, self-esteem, panic attacks,
sexuality, OCD, obsession & compulsions &
mental health, etc.:
- Counselling services - focused brief therapy
- Psychotherapy services - for complex, longstanding issues
- Child, adolescent & family counselling - including teens
- Couples counselling - relationship, premarital, & marriage counselling
- Men's counselling & psychotherapy
- Family therapy - divorce, blended families, stress, conflict, etc.
- Low-cost services -
AUT Psychotherapy Clinics, Northcote, North Shore.
For some issues we recommend working with a specialist therapist:
- ACC sexual abuse counselling - recent & historical, adult & child
- Anger Management -
Individual & small group programmes
- Autism & Asperger's - child & adult (assessment, diagnosis & support)
- Eating disorders - anorexia, bulimia, bingeing etc.
- Group therapy - general, women's, sexual abuse, psychodrama
- Obsessions & Compulsions - including OCD (obsessive & compulsive disorder)
- Postnatal depression & distress - men & women
- Sex, sexuality & gender - sexual issues, orientation & gender
- Mind-body counselling - integrating emotional, mental & physical wellbeing including serious and complex health conditions
In addition to mainstream approaches some of our team have
training in alternative techniques or methods:
- Art therapy & Gestalt - for anxiety, communication, self-assertion, trauma & etc
- CBT - widely accepted cost-effective approach for
mild to moderate depression and anxiety
- Ecotherapy - transform fear-based defensive living though reconnection to the
wider natural world
- EMDR trauma therapy - for troubling traumatic memories & PTSD
- Hakomi psychotherapy - blending aspects of eastern philosophy and western psychology
- Havening - using touch as a
therapeutic tool particularly for trauma
- Mindfulness - develop capacity to observe experience without being overwhelmed
- Psychosynthesis - psychospiritual psychology which acknowledges our interrelatedness
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy - based on the principles of psychoanalysis
- Psychoanalysis - longterm analysis, using either couch or chair, 2-3 times per week
- Online therapy - practitioners
with particular experience offering online therapy