Counselling, Psychotherapy & Specialist Services
Auckland Therapy is an experienced team of registered professional psychotherapists offering a wide range of counselling and
psychotherapy services. We have the expertise and experience to work with
psychological and emotional issues ranging from everyday worries to complex mental health concerns.
We work with individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents.
General services for anxiety, depression, trauma, sexual abuse,
anger, relationship issues, cultural adjustment, grief, loss, self-esteem, panic attacks,
sexuality, OCD, obsession & compulsions &
mental health, etc.:
- Counselling services - focused brief therapy
- Psychotherapy services - for complex, longstanding issues
- Child, adolescent & family counselling - including teens
- Couples counselling - relationship, premarital, & marriage counselling
- Men's counselling & psychotherapy
- Family therapy - divorce, blended families, stress, conflict, etc.
- Low-cost services - AUT Psychotherapy Clinic, Akoranga Campus, North Shore
For some issues we recommend working with a specialist therapist:
- ACC sexual abuse counselling - recent & historical, adult & child
- Anger Management Course - Small group anger management courses
- Autism & Asperger's - child & adult (assessment, diagnosis & support)
- Eating disorders - anorexia, bulimia, bingeing etc.
- Group therapy - general, women's, sexual abuse, psychodrama
- Obsessions & Compulsions - including OCD (obsessive & compulsive disorder)
- Postnatal depression & distress - men & women
- Sex, sexuality & gender - sexual issues, orientation & gender
- Mind-body counselling - integrating emotional, mental & physical wellbeing including serious and complex health conditions
In addition to mainstream approaches some of our team have
training in alternative techniques or methods: